This section of the website provides vital information to help you parlay your skills into an internship, job, or passion:
- The Career Options page explains what you can do with a degree in American Studies.
- The Internships page provides information about securing and getting credit for an internship. Contact Dr. Takacs for more information.
- Advice on Applying to Graduate Schools.
- The Links page is full of information and academic resources to help in your studies of American culture and society. This includes digital primary and secondary source repositories and blogs of interest to the field.
Other resources you might want to know about include:
- The Writing Center in Stillwater and The Tutoring Services Center in Tulsa, for assistance with course work, especially drafting, proofing, and perfecting those papers you will write in your AMST courses!
- Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab, for short introductions to various citation styles and advice on how to write for upper-division college courses.
- OSU Library Services in Stillwater and Tulsa for access to books, online articles, printing services (in Tulsa), computers and instructional courses in research, writing, and citation style.
- OSU Career Services and Career Services in Tulsa provide workshops on preparing for your future career, writing a good resume, securing an internship, and knocking ’em dead at that interview, etc.
- The American Studies Blog, which contains a wealth of information about applying to grad schools, getting an internship, preparing for the job market, and so on.